Anyone can submit a proposal; you do not need to be associated with an academic or any other institution. We welcome submissions from visual artists, musicians, and performers as well as from writers, and strongly encourage proposals from groups and individuals from populations normally underrepresented at innovative, avant-garde, and experimental literary arts gatherings. We encourage pieces that promote collaboration; perform interventions on movements, timelines, canons and other gatekeepers of the status quo; and/or focus on unsung, obscured or recently departed practitioners. Some panels may be offered in Spanish with interpreters, depending on the number of submissions for Spanish-language events.
Each session will be approximately 75 minutes. Individual presentations should therefore be limited to 15-20 minutes so that grouped sessions that make thematic/aesthetic sense can be arranged and so there is time for questions and discussion. Please also consider creating new kinds of presentations that are unlike conventional panels or readings and that expand notions of what these types of theatrical-pedagogical encounters might look like.
From the pool of submitted proposals, the &Now 2015 planning committee will be selecting four group events as “featured events,” to run at times when nothing else is scheduled, so that all conference participants may attend.
If submitting a group proposal, only one member of the group (the curator/ moderator) should submit, though all participants need be named.
Individuals are limited to being a part of TWO separate proposals (panel and/or individual submission), and no individual will participate in more than two events.
Please alert the members of your proposal that there is a conference fee of $100 due upon registration for each participant.
All proposals must be submitted electronically by October 1, 2014 (as a PDF, docx, or doc), and must include the following:
- Your name and institutional affiliation, if any
- Contact info for yourself and for all members of your panel, if this is a group proposal
- Title of proposed event
- Type of proposed event (reading, performance, presentation, screening, roundtable, and so on)
- Names of other participants – please be sure all participants are confirmed before including them in this proposal
- Brief description of event (no more than 250 words)
- Brief bios for all participants (no more than 150 words per bio)
- Any technical needs for the event (re: equipment, space, accessibility, and so on). Be as specific as possible. Please indicate which of these items you can furnish, and which ones you will need &Now to provide.
Please submit proposals by October 1: Submit Proposals
Send questions, comments, concerns to: email@example.com